If you want to lose weight around your stomach but think it’s so hard or you’re lazy — have you tried a salad diet? One of the basic dishes that traditionally accompanies meals are salads — but you should incorporate them instead of a heavy meal so you can slim down.
A rich combinations of the best greens, colorful vegetables, healthy fats, and proteins are a great mix for weight loss and shedding some pounds.
Why You Should Consider Weight Losing Salads
There are several reasons that justify that salad diets can help you lose weight and among these are:
They are delicious: There are so many possible combinations of vegetables and salads that there are countless recipes for all tastes.
They contain few calories: Salad recipes at most can reach only 200 calories, a very low amount compared to the feeling of fullness they provide. This is because most of the vegetables you’re consuming are complex carbohydrates. If you wanted to learn more about counting macros you can see this article.
It is healthy and quick to prepare salads: Few ingredients that are used in salads rarely need cooking and in many cases only need to wash well and cut, to mix and serve. Easy peasy.
Salads provide vitamins and proteins: Vegetables are an excellent source of nutrients such as vitamins, calcium, iron, proteins and many other elements used by the human body.
They can be seasoned healthily: To avoid the dressings of a bland salad, you can resort to natural ingredients to accompany the salads. We recommend the use of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon and spices such as garlic, oregano, parsley, rosemary, etc., to garnish your salads, providing them with a tasty additional flavor.
How to Prepare Your Salads
When you are prepping for making your salads, make sure to choose the freshest ingredients. The preparation of the salads should be done just before eating to take advantage of the freshness of its ingredients. When dressing the salads, it is recommended to add the oil last, so as not to alter the flavor of the rest of the ingredients that are being added.
To increase the level of satiety, it is you can use cucumbers and avocados, two ingredients that apart from being low in calories, produce a considerable feeling of fullness.
The ingredients that need cooking, should be cooled before mixing them with the rest of the ingredients since the heat can alter the consistency and flavor of the same and negatively affect the preparation of the recipe you want to make. Here are some salad diets you can use for some inspiration:
4 Salad Diets to Lose Weight
1. Avocado Salad Recipe for Losing Weight
- 2 avocados, 1 sweet onion, 1 green bell pepper, 1 large ripe tomato, 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, 1/2 lime, salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, onion, bell pepper, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. Gently toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Orange Salad Recipe for Losing Weight
- 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 red onion, 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, 10 cups romaine lettuce, 1 can mandarin orange segments, 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Place turkey bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place vinegar, sugar, red onion, mustard powder, and salt into the bowl of a blender. Cover, and puree on high until smooth. Reduce blender speed to medium-low; slowly pour in the vegetable oil and blend until incorporated and the dressing is creamy. Stir in the poppy seeds and set aside.
- To serve, toss the romaine in a large bowl with the crumbled bacon, Mandarin oranges, and enough dressing to moisten. Place onto salad plates and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
3. Red Salad Recipe for Losing Weight
- 4 medium beets, 2 large red potatoes, 4 carrots, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- Fill a large pot with water, and add beets. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook for about 30 minutes. Add potatoes to the water, and continue to cook for another 30 minutes. Add carrots, and continue boiling until everything is soft, about 15 minutes. Drain, and let the vegetables cool until cool enough to handle.
- Cut vegetables into cubes, and place them in a serving bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and mustard until everything is well coated. Serve warm.
4. Fresh Broccoli Salad for Losing Weight
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, 1 red onion, 1/2 pound turkey bacon, 3/4 cups raisins, 3/4 cup sliced almonds, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Place turkey bacon in a deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Cool and crumble.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and cut the onion into thin bite-size slices. Combine with the turkey bacon, raisins, your favorite nuts and mix well.
- To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into the salad, let chill and serve.
Salad Diets Can Help You Lose Weight
They won’t just help you lose weight but can help prevent premature aging and oxidation of body cells as they contain a variety of vitamins and nutrients as well as antioxidant elements. A healthy salad diet provides other benefits such as hydration for the skin and even slimming properties by exerting diuretic effects on the body thanks to many of its ingredients, which allows the elimination of fat and toxins. This is how you can implement the diets of salads to lose weight and take advantage of all the properties of its rich ingredients.